Left Navigation

Take Action

Take Action - Step 1

Who do I call or email and what do I say?

Contact the Montgomery County Planning Board Chair, Françoise Carrier, and ask that she share your request with the Planning Board.

Ms. Carrier has the authority to instruct the staff of the Montgomery County Planning Department to issue addresses to all Farm Road property owners. Ms. Carrier inherited the problems that have resulted in the unfair treatment of the Farm Road property owners. Ms. Carrier was not the Chair and held no position within the agency at the time that it ceased to recognize Farm Road, and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Please respectfully request that Ms. Carrier direct her staff to immediately issue postal addresses to all Farm Road property owners and help Ms. Carrier understand that:

  • Her agency’s current Acting Director’s sworn testimony clearly states that Park and Planning has no written rules or regulations that specify (i) to whom it issues addresses, (ii) the requirements for issuing addresses, (iii) when and under what circumstances it deletes addresses, and it does not maintain records of its activities with respect to address issuance. Click here to view testimony.

  • All Farm Road properties include a reference to Farm Road within their chain of title, or with respect to Martin and Awkard properties, have a prescriptive easement to Farm Road that dates back to the early 1900s.

  • It does not serve the public interest to deprive taxpayers from access to their properties.
  • The actions and inactions of M-NCPPC staff have caused, and are continuing to cause irreparable harm to some of the most vulnerable members of society – harm from which they can never recover. Seniors are forced to live out the last years of their lives without the care they would otherwise receive, children have been left homeless without a proper place to study or internet access to complete their homework assignments as their peers are able to do.
  • The only documentation that Ms. Carrier's agency has provided regarding address issuance does not include any reference to the agency’s right or obligation to deny a street address if one or more neighboring property owners object to the use of a road as some M-NCPPC staff contends. Click here to view MNCPPC’s statutory authority for granting addresses as most recently revised.
  • M-NCPPC’s General Counsel, in violation of State law, has failed to respond within 30 days to a Maryland Public Information Act request regarding these matters. Click here to view the request made years ago and which the Chair's General Counsel has refused to respond. Click here to view the cover email and related attachments.

Ms. Carrier’s contact information is:

Françoise Carrier, Chair

8787 Georgia Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20910




Want to do more to help?

Click here

050213 194200


Recent Site Updates

Related News:

10/06/11 Consent Order re layperson signing off on projects as Engineer

06/05/07 Planning Board trying to dissuade attorney general investigation

05/31/07 Probe Sought Of County's Planning Department

05/31/07 Officials, critics decry lack of oversight of Park and Planning Commission

05/30/07 Man claiming to be Engineer signs off on projects

01/31/07 Montgomery planners have a problem with false submissions on developments

01/12/07 Acting Planing Board Director States Agency Need Not Act When it Learns of False and Misleading Plans


SaveSandySpring.org is not affiliated in any way with any government agency. This site is intended to help victims receive equal treatment under the law and obtain justice in the event they are mistreated.
SaveSandySpring.org is an informational site run by volunteer advocates for some of the most vulnerable people in our society - people at risk of wrongly losing their greatest tangible asset - their family property. Neither SaveSandySpring.org nor the author makes any guarantees concerning the accuracy of the information on this website and assumes no responsibility for any misstatements or factual or legal errors. This website provides no legal advice or representation and should be tested and supplemented by other information. Consult a lawyer for legal advice about your specific problem.

Copyright 2007-2013 SaveSandySpring.org